Jun 13

Print this Post

Late Late Heartbreak for 1st Team Vs Templeogue

1sts v Templeogue Synge Street 12062018 (3)Tues 12 Jun 2018 – The Dark Force were quick out of the blocks in this evenings AFL5 fixture against Templeogue Synge Street with the opening score through Lorcan Bannon following a 70 meter solo run from Cormac Mullen. A shot by the Syngers went wide after great defence from Pearse Ryan and Frankin O’Reilly. But the away side raced to a two point to one lead with the first point from a free-in and the second score when TSS won Mark Redicans kick out.

TSS made it 3 points to 1 with a second free in but John Dolan was next on the board after a Karl Feehan free found Derek Brady who passed to Dolan.

TSS got a huge boost when a shot fell short and was deflected into the Brendan’s net 1-03 to 0-02. TSS defended very well to avoid an instant response from James McGee with his shot going wide.

St Brendan’s did respond with a point from John Burns after Cormac Mullen won the turnover. Antother TSS point followed but Karl Feehan kept the deficit to three points with a free in after Dolan was fouled when attempting his trademark attack.

Phil Bannon broke a TSS kick out to his brother Lorcan who was fouled when attempting to pick the ball up, and with the referee moving the free in an extra 10 meters and John Burns promptly popped the ball over the bar. St Brendan’s were dealt a huge blow just before half time when Phil Bannon was black carded by the referee. Ronan Killeen took Bannon’s place and St Brendan’s clung on to a three point deficit at the break.


Half Time Score: St Brendan’s 0-05 to 1-05 Templeogue Synge Street.


Brendan’s came out in the second half on mission to let Templeogue know they were in a game. In the opening few minutes of the second half, they did just that when John Dolan put a great hit on a TSS player and kicked his shot over the bar. Likewise Oisin O’Meara had his marker sitting on the Grangegorman turf when winning a turnover to prevent a second TSS goal.

12 minutes into the second half, the deficit was down to one point when James McGee was fouled in the process of taking a shot, and Feehan pointed the free from 13 meters. Soon the game was level with a great score from Ronan Killeen with Mark Redicans first possession of the second half to clear a short TSS shot, starting the move.

With 10 minutes to go TSS suddenly woke up from their slumber and started playing football again and got two quick points in succession. The first was a free in and the second was the result of a Redican short kick outgoing awry and being promptly punished with a point 1-07 to 0-08.

The Prince of Ballyhaunis Niall Prenty was brought on and made the prefect impact by kicking the ball over the bar to make it a one point game again. The sides were level again when another substitute, Hugh Bannon, kicked an outrageous shot to sail between the posts after Ronan Killeen supplied the final pass.

Paul Coleman took a free out short to Cormac Mullen who returned the ball back to Coleman who found Lorcan Bannon on the sideline. John Dolan won the ball from the pass and the attack continued with a pass to Niall Mayock who found Karl Feehan who in an excellent position to kick the ball over the bar for the lead.

But the lead would not last long though as TSS had the equaliser and thought they had the lead when another Redican short lick out was won by TSS who somehow managed to fist the ball into the net rather than over the bar.

Eventually TSS did get a point to retake the lead again as the game moved into the second of six injury time minutes. Brendan’s had one chance of getting an equalising point or even a goal, but Niall Mayocks long ball was turned over. Instead of safetly holding on to the ball for the rest of the added time period TSS went on the attack and beat Mark Redican for goal for the second time.

There were two minutes left for St Brendan’s to get something out of the game, but instead, TSS hit another point to win the game by 5 points and put a promotion play off prospect out of Brendan’s hands.

Next up is another Tuesday evening game and an away trip to Rush to face St Maurs.


Final score from Grangegorman: St Brendan’s 0-11 to 2-10 Templeogue Synge Street

Permanent link to this article: http://www.stbrendansgaa.org/?p=1767

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *